Based on the principle of kol Yisrael arevim zeh b’zeh (all Jews are responsible, one for the other), Chaplaincy Services responds to the needs of those who are sick and/or isolated.
Chaplaincy has both an advocacy and communication role in the rehabilitation of those living in hospitals, long-term care or correctional settings, with a goal of facilitating participants’ re-entry into the community, wherever possible.
Under the guidance of the Director of Chaplaincy Services, Rabbi Ronald Weiss, JF&CS also serves as the official point of contact for police and government matters pertaining to Judaism in the GTA.
Chaplaincy Services strives to meet the needs of Jews residing in health care and correctional settings by providing professional and volunteer resources:
• Rabbinic consultation and counselling
• Jewish programming and holiday observances
• Educational presentations
• Religious services and regular visits
• Guidance and direction to Institutional staff to better meet the needs of their Jewish clientele
• Outreach and support to families
For more information, contact Rabbi Mordechai Chemel, Manager of Chaplaincy Services at 416 638-7800 x 6600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more by reading our brochure.