To report child abuse or neglect call 416.638.7800. Your call will be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
(separation and divorce)
All programs are conducted by professional facilitators. Fees are available on a sliding scale.
We welcome all people regardless of cultural, religious and/or racial background or affiliation.
JF&CS strives for inclusivity in all its programs, serving community members of any income, family structure, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, level of observance, race, ethnicity, cultural identity and place of origin.
To inquire, please call 416.638.7800 x 6627 or email email@example.com
Please make sure to include a phone number and email address where we can reach you.
We will be in touch with you shortly to finalize the registration process.
When You're About to Separate - What to Tell the Kids
Please click 'Inquiry' to book a session.
- how and when to tell children about the upcoming separation
- factors impacting on positive adjustment of children
- how to deal with “moving out” day
-when to seek professional help.
Wednesday March 22 | 7-9 p.m. | ZOOM
Monday June 19 | 7-9 p.m. | ZOOM
Topics will include:
- impact of conflict on children
- different interaction models for different levels of conflict
- how to avoid being triggered by ex-partner
- different parenting strategies for higher conflict families
Sunday April 23 | 9:30am-1:30 p.m | ZOOM
Topics will include:
- Understanding separation concerns
- Discovering your own emotional triggers
- Creating self worth and self awareness during the separation process
- Learning strategies for maintaining emotional control
- Becoming a better you
- Creating your own mindfulness toolbox
- Differentiating between the legal separation and the emotional separation
1 Family,2 Homes, Parents and Children
One parent required to be in attendance
Tuesday May 16 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Lipa Green Centre
This is a six week program, for children ages 5-13, experiencing separation and divorce.
CHILDREN SESSIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- “Do other children going through divorce
feel the same way I do?”
- “How do I make myself feel better?”
- "Problems I can and cannot solve"
- The myths about divorce
Sessions for parents will include tips for keeping children out of the conflict; how to actively listen to your children; the impact of separation and divorce on children.